Early Child Educator (Educational Assistant) - Pre-K
Location: Trinity Christian Academy
Competition #: 15915
Date Posted: April 26th, 2023
Closing Date: Open Ended
The Golden Hills School Division No. 75 invites applications for a part-time (Monday-Thursday) Early Child Educator (Educational Assistant) to work in the Preschool Program (ages 3-5) at Trinity Christian Academy in Strathmore, AB for the 2023/2024 School Year.
Trinity's preschool is a licensed facility that abides by the Early Learning and Child Care Act and relevant regulations. Trinity Christian Academy (K – 9) is an alternative Christian school in the Golden Hills School Division. Applications are sought from educators who have demonstrated excellence in their practice and who have the ability to carry out their job duties according to the vision, mission, and values of Trinity Christian Academy and in a manner consistent with the TCA's Philosophy of Christian Education. References that demonstrate the candidate’s suitability for this position are encouraged.
This role includes leading the Preschool program and:
- Plan, develop and implement an Early Childhood Curriculum program for preschool students in a faith-based setting (ages 3-5).
- Provide a warm, safe, and caring environment that is kept orderly, clean, and appealing. The learning environment should allow the child to grow and explore to become the best version of themselves.
- Interact and relate to children in a developmentally appropriate manner that encourages student engagement and Kindergarten preparedness. An ideal candidate will be sensitive to individual children’s needs, and will adjust the program and curriculum to meet those individual needs.
- Maintain daily attendance records
- Understand and adhere to the Province of Alberta Child Care Licensing regulations, as well as, relevant GHSD, Fire and the Alberta Health Services (AHS) Regulations and policies.
- Perform additional program duties as assigned by the Principal according to the program's needs.
In addition, this role includes working collaboratively with all school staff, parents and within the Inclusive Education Team; therefore, strong communication and organizational skills are essential.
Qualified candidates must have their Level I Child Care Certification and a valid First Aid Certificate. Level 2 or 3 Certification would be considered a strong asset. A teaching degree is not required. Individuals without their Level 1 Child Care certification will be considered, but the successful candidate must complete the free online training course before September 1st, 2023. The exact hours will be determined after the position has been filled and is dependent on student enrolment and the successful candidate's availability. This role has the potential to become a full-time position (Monday-Friday), depending on enrolment. The preschool program currently operates between 8:40 am-2:40 pm Monday-Thursday and has a maximum of 12 students per class session.
Applications received on or before 9:00 am on Monday, May 8th will be given careful consideration; however, this position will remain open until the successful candidate is found.
Please email your resume, cover letter, references and supporting documentation to:
Stefan Dykema- Principal- Trinity Christian Academy
Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted. We thank all applicants who have applied for their interest in the Golden Hills School Division. Please contact Stefan Dykema, Principal, for further information and/or questions at 403-361-9631.