Family School Community Resource Counsellor
Competition #: 14083
Date Posted: January 14th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Golden Hills School Division (GHSD) requires one full-time (1.00 FTE) Interim Family School Community Resource Counsellor (FSCRC) for the 2021/2022 School year. This assignment will be in Drumheller, AB.
- Providing a range of counseling services for children and caregivers at universal, targeted, and individualized levels.
- Facilitating social connection through attending community meetings, providing information, supporting referrals, and community collaboration
- Utilizing evidence-based programs to support students in classrooms and small groups
- Working collaboratively with school-based teams and the GHSD student services team
Qualifications and Experience:
- A University Degree in the Human Services field (Social Sciences or a Bachelor of Social work) would be an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- Highly effective organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with children, youth, and families
- Applicants must possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
Applications received on or before noon on Friday, January 28, 2022, will be given careful consideration but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please Note: Applicants new to the Golden Hills School Division who are offered employment must either provide proof of full immunization against COVID-19 or, effective January 17, 2022, agree to take a COVID rapid test twice weekly as per Administration Procedure 493 before employment will be confirmed.
Applicants should direct their resume with cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
Golden Hills School Division
435A Highway No. 1
Strathmore, AB T1P 1J4
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and advise that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.