Competition #: 13752
Date Posted: September 29th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
The Golden Hills School Division is seeking the services of a part-time Speech-Language Pathologist for our Wheatland and Greentree Schools in the communities of Strathmore and Drumheller.
As a regional therapist, you will provide clinical professional practice both independently and as part of a collaborative team. You will be offering services within a full scope of practice including health promotion, identification, assessment, intervention, and case management. You will participate in planning, coordination and delivery of rehabilitation services in collaboration with students, families, healthcare professionals and other partners. You will use your expertise to inform ongoing quality improvement, service integration, and program development.
About the opportunity:
- Work schedule will follow the school calendar with Christmas, Easter and summer break observed, with an anticipated six contracted workdays a month
- Service will be provided by a combination of in-person and virtual delivery. Travel costs will be reimbursed based on Golden Hills School Division (GHSD) approved rates
- Specific services priorities will be determined by GHSD. Service priorities are likely to be focused on the top tiers of intervention.
- SLP: Completion of Master’s degree in Speech Language Pathology
- Active or eligible registration and practice permit with respective regulatory College
- Experience working with a school age population
- Class 5 driver’s license and reliable vehicle
Application process: please provide the following, in a PDF format
- Cover letter addressed to Human Resources
- Resume summarizing training and experience
- Minimum of three professional references including your current supervisor
The successful applicant must be registered or be eligible to be registered with the Alberta College of Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA)
Qualified candidates can apply to the undersigned on or before noon on October 6th, 2021. Those who apply before this time will be given careful consideration, however, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. For further information about the position, please contact Jeff Grimsdale, Associate Superintendent, at 403-934-5212.
Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted. We thank all applicants who have applied for their interest in working with the Golden Hills School Division.
Human Resources Department
Golden Hills School Division
435 A Highway # 1