Golden Hills School Division (GHSD) has entered a Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with The Legacy Farm Project, this marks a significant stride in bridging the past and future of Agriculture.
In alignment with our shared vision and mission, our goals for this collaboration are:
- Foster Innovation: Together, we aim to cultivate an environment that nurtures innovation within the Agriculture community. This includes fostering new ideas, technologies, and practices that advance the field.
- Inspire Future Generations: We seek to inspire and empower future generations by providing educational opportunities, mentorship, and resources that encourage young minds to pursue careers and initiatives in Agriculture.
- Create Sustainability: Our joint efforts will focus on promoting sustainability within the Agriculture sector. This involves implementing and advocating for sustainable practices, resource management, and eco-friendly solutions.
- Accelerate Education: We are committed to accelerating education in Agriculture by providing accessible, high-quality learning experiences. This will encompass various educational programs, workshops, and resources for students and professionals alike.
- Grow Young Minds: Our collaboration aims to grow and develop the talents and skills of young individuals in the Agriculture community. We will do this by empowering elementary students with unique opportunities to delve into hands-on learning within an immersive Agricultural environment, fostering exploration, research, experiential learning, and active engagement.
- Creating dedicated education and culinary spaces for Dual Credit opportunities for high school students, as well as opportunities for student work experience and career internship.
By working collaboratively towards these goals, we aim to make a significant and lasting impact on the future of Agriculture.
“Golden Hills School Division is excited for the opportunities the partnership with The Legacy Farm Project will bring our students. The utilization of the Education Centre will offer students opportunities in Dual Credit and work experience programs. The potential for career internships, Registered Apprentice Programs, and field trips with hands-on learning opportunities for elementary schools will offer Golden Hills School Division students exclusive and valuable Agriculture education,” Golden Hills School Division Board of Trustees Chair, Laurie Huntley.