REG THURSTON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Mr. Reg Thurston, for over twenty years, served the County of Wheatland, County Council and the Board of Education in a variety of roles including Deputy Reeve, Reeve, School Board Vice-Chairman, and School Board Chairman. Mr. Thurston was dedicated to providing the best possible education for Wheatland County Students, and, above all, fostering excellence in the school system.
The scholarship is to be awarded on an annual basis to a Golden Hills School System Grade 12 student educated in the Wheatland County area.
- Each year, following the June Grade 12 Diploma Examinations, a scholarship of $100.00 and a plaque will be presented to the Grade 12 Wheatland County student who has achieved the highest average in the Department of Education Diploma Examinations, based on the blended mark in English 30, Social Studies 30, Mathematics 30, and one of Chemistry 30, Physics 30, or Biology 30.
- All Wheatland County Grade 12 students will be considered for the scholarship and it will not be necessary to apply.
- The recipient of the scholarship will be announced following the receipt of the June Diploma Examination marks.
- An appropriate presentation of the scholarship and the plaque will be made, with the involvement of the Wheatland County representatives.
- The administration of the scholarship fund will be the responsibility of the Wheatland County.