Golden Hills School Division is seeking a qualified skilled maintenance representative to work with the School Division.
Reports to: Facilities Manager
The maintenance team member is responsible for the general maintenance of the buildings and grounds to ensure facilities are safe, functional and in good working condition. HVAC is a large portion of this position so experience will be an asset. The maintenance team member will also be responsible for the supervision of external contractors. The primary area Drumheller, AB
- Minimum one to three years related institution/industrial experience.
- Establish a good working relationship and open communication channel with stakeholders.
- Basic knowledge of building codes, WCB regulations, WHMIS legislation, construction, engineering and architecture terminology
- Inspect, maintain, diagnose, ascertain and repair or replace heating, condenser units, ventilation systems and other HVAC systems as required to industry standards.
- Coordinate with contractors and vendors supplying, repairing or installing HVAC equipment.
- 4th class power engineering ticket or a 5th class power engineering ticket or refrigeration mechanic or a controls/instrumentation mechanic with additional building/maintenance training is an asset.
- Plumbing certificate or electrician certificate also considered an asset.
- Repairs and maintains all plumbing systems i.e. urinals, toilets, washbasins, grease traps, water softeners, water heaters etc.
- Additional maintenance duties may include but not limited to hanging mirrors, snow removal, mowing, installing or changing ceiling tiles, unplugging toilets, sewer lines, water leaks etc., construct and install furniture, millwork, cupboards, shelving, flooring, walls, bathroom partitions, white and bulletin boards and other carpentry duties. Repair doors, windows, locks, panic/crash bars, and other type of hardware.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to withstand indoor and outdoor environmental conditions
- Valid driver’s license
- On-call shifts after hours and weekends. On-call majority of each month minus 2-3 weekends per month and 2 -3 weeks in summer plus other potential days off.
- Potential weekend work due to projects.
- Applicants considered for employment will be required to provide a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Disclosure of Criminal Record Information, and an Alberta Children’s Services Intervention Record Check.
Golden Hills School Division has its headquarters in Strathmore, Alberta and includes the communities of Strathmore, Carseland, Standard, Drumheller, Acme, Linden, Carbon, Three Hills and Trochu.
Please submit resume and appropriate documentation to the undersigned on or before 2:00 p.m. on March 13, 2020. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Golden Hills School Division
435A Highway No. 1
Strathmore, AB T1P 1J4