Reasons for referral may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To encourage students to attend school regularly and/or meet basic expectations for task completion
- To assist students in developing strategies that will enable them to regulate their behaviour and/or emotions
- To coach students in the skills of establishing and maintaining positive friendships and relationships with others
- The student (when age-appropriate), parents/caregivers, school-based professionals and/or community-based professionals identify a need for a referral to the program.
- A referral form (available in every school) is completed by the referring party (parties) with information on the specific goals for the student’s involvement in the program.
- a) School-based referrals are reviewed and prioritized by the school-based team. The school-based team may identify other more appropriate supports for the student or give the referral to the Family School Community Resource Counselors. b) Students, parents/caregivers and community-based professionals may make a referral directly to the program by contacting the FSCRC Program. Following consultation, the referral may or may not be brought back to the school-based team, but Student Services Consultants/Administrators will be made aware of the student’s involvement in the program.
- All referrals are triaged biweekly through the FSCRC team. Emergency referrals will be fast-tracked.
- Intervention planning begins in collaboration with key stakeholders.
Family School Community Resource Counseling Program services are available to children and their families at all schools within Golden Hills School Division. Please call your designated school or the Golden Hills School Division office at 403-934-5121 if you would like to contact a FSCR Counselor.