Calling all student photographers! Golden Hills School Division would like to showcase your talent! Our students are the best at what they do. That's why we'd like to feature your photography skills and creativity!
We’re looking for any Golden Hills students who love capturing student life before, during or after school! Contests renew monthly and winner(s) will be selected each round.
Enter for your chance to have your work featured in Golden Hills media and for your chance to win a prize!
- Participants must be a student of a Golden Hills school.
- Photo must have been taken by the student submitting the photo. Participants may NOT submit others’ work as their own.
- Students must consent to grant Golden Hills the right to use the submitted photo(s) how we wish (i.e. website, social media, brochures, etc.).
- All identifiable photo subjects must have consented to the release of the picture being taken and being used.
- Photos may be taken with any device (i.e. camera or phone). Any photos taken with mobile devices such as phones should be the original quality (i.e. high resolution).
- Photos must not be watermarked.
How to Enter
* JUNE 2019 DEADLINE:
June 21, 2019! This month's deadline is EARLY to make sure we can get our prizes to our students before the summer break!
Monthly Deadline: Send your submissions to email@example.com * by NOON of the last Friday of each month. Winner(s) will be selected and announced by NOON of the following Friday.
* If you attend the Golden Hills Learning Academy and do NOT have a ghsd email account, please email your submissions to Bradie.Munro@ghsd75.ca.
- Use your Golden Hills email address to send an email with the following information (external email addresses will NOT work):
- Location of photo (School - Location in school, i.e. Strathmore High School - Science Lab)
How It Works
- Monthly, we will collect student life photo submissions from students.
- A winning photo or photos will be chosen amongst the submissions and the photographer(s) will win a prize.
How to Win
Submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Quality of the image (resolution, focus, lighting, etc.)
- Composition and creativity of the subject matter
- MUST include student life - whether before, during or after school
- Student's grade category
- Photos do NOT necessarily need to include human subjects - Photos of still life are equally eligible (i.e. photo of lab equipment, sports equipment, objects that act as reminders or are symbolic of the classroom or learning environment, etc.).
- Usability in Golden Hills media.
- How well the photo captures a moment of student life - This would be students in the classroom, experiments, presentations, school spirit, school teams, arts, students in workshops, students during breaks, students at school events, students and teachers, teachers, and many other things.
- Other merits of the photo
- See above for tips!
Have fun and get creative! We look forward to seeing your work!